Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HIPSTER RUNOFF





So I've been meaning to post this link for ages. hipsterrunoff.com is a blog I follow when ever I remember to. I'm posting the link because hipster runoff is a great resource for popular culture deconstruction. 

It makes everything and anything that people do seem trivial, laughable, naive, egotistical. If Carles (the guy who writes for the blog) got ahold of some of the things we have said and posted on our own blog we would be ripped to shreds and end up like the new Star Wars Kid Meme. It's very brutal but I like the way it exposes the motives of individuals and societies. Funnily enough a lot of the things Carles writes in his comments are veiled moral critiques, though always with a dry ambiguous wit and always over simplified.



No comments:

Post a Comment