Monday, April 12, 2010

DOES GOD EXIST?





Just watched this in its entirety, amazing debate that sees Same Hariss and Rabbi David Wolpe try to blame human suffering upon science and religion respectively.

The two things that I got from it that I can clearly articulately remember is David Wolpes illustration of kids in a playground and how they treat 'the other' or the new kid as an illustration of human behavior and instinct. He then went on to say that religion seeks to transend the idea of the other.

From Sam Harris: he had some witty analogies to combat the 'positive structure' argument that religion often buddies up with (and which I agree with to an extent). But I think the most humble point that I can think of to communicate here would be this:

The most important tool that we have got and should be using is human conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment